Tuesday 19 March 2013

Thrift store finds... again:)

Have I already mentioned I love thrift stores? Especially lately. My mom came to the city this week so her and I headed off to Value Village this evening. I scored big in my opinion! Five super old hardcover books (the oldest is from 1865!), and two ceramic elephants:)
 
I can't wait to go pick up some spray paint and give these guys (the elephants) a nice makeover. I'm thinking maybe yellow?? Not sure yet, all I know is that it's happening soon!!! The books are super awesome, they are hopefully only the beginning of a ginormous collection that I'm planning on having by the time we build/buy our own house, (a zillion years from now... or that's what it feels like anyway.)
 
 Slowly but surely, I am starting to figure out what kind of style I like in a home. With a lot of help from the internet of course! But hey, good ideas are good ideas no matter where they come from, right? All I know is my pinterest account is very quickly becoming my own little home makeover collection. I spend way to much time on there:(
 
Another upcoming project is my tv/spareroom/den makeover:) Well, not really a makeover but a pretty good rearranging is going to happen. Right now our living room space is sort of split between two rooms, our kitchen/dining room/living room are all in one large square room. I'm hoping to turn the spare room into a more functional living room space that is still versatile enough to be used as a guest room when needed and then the kitchen/dining room will no longer be the main hosting area.
 
I will need to use quite a bit of brain power (and Rods muscles) and imagination to make it work, but I'm pretty hopeful it will be great once its done. I don't have any pictures yet but there will definitely be many once I get started!
 
Till next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment